Sunday, September 12, 2010

Perth: Day 1






Today I went out to explore Perth. I went out for some breakfast and then headed to church. On my way I passed by the fire brigade museum and the hospital. The cathedral of St. Mary is located in Victoria square. It is a really pretty church, most of it is old and ornate, but in 2009 they renovated and you can see where they merged the old church with a new modern looking building. Across the street is the convent. After church I walked down to the Swan river which runs through town and out to the Indian Ocean. There is a large structure there that houses the Swan Bells. You can climb to the top for a view of the city, and on Friday and Wednesday you can ring the bells. After my trip to the river, I walked back up to town to see where I will be working. I found my office building, and thankfully it is really close to my hotel! I headed to the Woolworths grocery store to pick up some snacks, and then to Target (yes, Target) to buy a hair dryer. After returning to my room to drop off the days spoils, I headed back out for some dinner. I decided to head out to Wagamama to have some Asian fare. I headed over to the Perth rail station where I hoped on the Freemantle line to Subiaco. 3 stops later and I popped off the train to Wagamama. Sadly though Wagamama in Perth is not nearly as good as Wagamama in London. After my meal I went over to the Subiaco market to look around. There were people everywhere in the market buying breads and fresh fruits and vegetables. I will have to head back sometime once I am in my apartment and out of the hotel. I hopped back on the train and headed back into town. On my way to the hotel I picked up some postcards and browsed through the shops. Now its time to pick out something to wear for work, iron, and get to bed. First day int he office tomorrow. Hope you all have a great week!

Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment