Friday, September 17, 2010

HUET






Hello everyone!
I began my first week of work here in the HESS Australia office. There is a lot of work to do and it seems my new boss is more than happy to hand some over to me. I am really excited about the opportunity. Thursday and Friday (today) I was sent off to Freemantle for my Sea Survival and Helicopter Underwater Escape Training. Thursday involved fire fighting, lifeboat boarding and deployment (got a quick cruise around the harbor), and escaping from a blacked out smoke filled room. That was all good fun. Today was life raft deployment, first aid, jumping from heights, life jackets, and of course, the helicopter stuff. I was a little apprehensive, but it all went well. I hope I never have to use any of it in real life, but at least now I know what to do and am prepared. I am sooo exhausted though! Tomorrow I plan to tour around town, head to the zoo, and then get in for a good night sleep. Sunday at 4am I am headed to the airport to fly up north, where I will get on a helicopter and fly out to the rig the Jack Bates. I should be out there for 2-3 weeks, so you wont hear from me for a bit. I hope you all are doing well, and I will talk to you soon!

Love
Brianne

No comments:

Post a Comment