Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adelaide and the Barossa Valley Wine Region
















Hello all! I just got back from my 5 day trip to Adelaide in South Australia. I had a great time. I went to the Barossa Valley, the wine region of Australia. I toured a few wineries, and of course tasted as well. I had my first taste of Port Wine, AMAZING. I also discovered Australian Champage, or Sparkling Black Shiraz. It is so good and such a novelty. They didn't have white varieties in Australia so they made red champagne. It was so good I bought 3 bottles, and a bottle of Port. Smuggling it in my checked baggage may be a problem, but where there's a will there's a way! I also went down to the south coast and put my toes into the great Southern Ocean. I went to Granite Island and saw the Little Penguins, so cute. I also toured the city and saw some great birds. All of Australias common birds are actually really exotic (to me anyway) parrots and they have beautiful feathers. I have included a few photos. I also went to the Platypus EcoTours reserve and saw my very first duck billed platypus. It was so amazing! They also had lots of hand reared kangaroos and they were so friendly and would come up to you and ask to be scratched behind the ears. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment